Frequently Asked Questions
We’re glad you are thinking about buying a Grand 5050 raffle ticket. Have a question or not sure of something? We’ll have the answer. Here are the most common questions. If you don’t see the answer you're looking for, send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Paul Amaral 226-972-3111.
I’d like to purchase a ticket and give it as a gift, stocking stuffer or as a group. Can I do that?
You sure can. When you login online to www.grand5050.ca, you need to decide first which ticket price you wish to purchase. Once you’ve clicked that ticket price, then ‘ADD TO CART’.
In the ‘Email’ field: You can use your own email. In this case the ticket(s) will be emailed to you. You can then print them and give them as a gift. Or you can provide the email address of the person you are gifting the ticket(s) to and they’ll receive the ticket(s) automatically.
In the ‘Bill to’ field: This is the most important step to fill out. Please put the name and address of the person you wish to gift the ticket(s) to.
Once you complete the ‘Email’ and ‘Bill to’ fields, you are ready to pay and check out.
Tickets are only sold online. How do I get my tickets?
Tickets are automatically delivered to the email address you provide! No fuss, no muss, no charge. If you don’t see your tickets in your inbox right away, take a look in your spam folders and junk mail.
I didn't receive my tickets - what do I do now?
Check your spam folder and junk mail first. The email will show tickets as "Grand 5050". Still can’t find your tickets? Don’t worry, send us an email to email@example.com and include in your email:
- Your first and last name
- The email address the tickets should have been sent to
- The name the tickets were purchased under. Your name or did you buy them for someone else as a gift, stocking stuffer or as a group?
- Date you you purchased the tickets
Why do I need to agree to the grand5050.ca ‘website requires access to your location’?
According to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO), Grand River Hospital Foundation as the licensee must ensure that: a) raffle ticket orders are not solicited or accepted from persons located out-side of Ontario; b) the purchaser of raffle tickets must both be physically present in Ontario at the time the sale takes place. Accordingly, for all online raffles like Grand 50/50, we must ask to access location to ensure players meet the eligibility requirements of the AGCO.
Is a charitable tax receipt issued for my 5050 ticket(s)?
According to Canada Revenue Agency regulations, charity raffle ticket purchases are considered entertainment, not a direct donation. We are unable to issue a tax receipt.
If you would prefer to make a donation directly to Grand River Hospital Foundation, please visit us at www.grhf.ca. Charitable tax receipts are issued for any amount $10 or more.
I purchased a ticket, can I get a refund?
No refunds are available.
Which payment methods are accepted?
All major credit cards are accepted, including VISA, MasterCard and American Express.
I can’t seem to access the Facebook link to your grand5050.ca website.
It’s likely a Facebook security protocol if you are using multiple devices to access the site. Facebook wants to make sure it’s you. Sometimes they will text you a digit security code.
Rules of Play
- Must be 18 years or older to purchase a ticket.
- Must be within Ontario when purchasing a ticket.
- Winning ticket details will be posted at www.Grand5050.ca
- Winning number is chosen by Random Number Generation.
- Grand River Hospital Foundation Staff and Board of Directors are not permitted to purchase tickets and are not eligible to win.
- All prizes must be claimed within 6 months of the draw date.
- Winning ticket as well as provincially accepted Photo ID is required to claim your prize.
- Grand Prize is at minimum, 50% of gross sales for the specific raffle.
- All unclaimed prizes will be subject to AGCO unclaimed prize policy and procedure.
- For any additional questions, please contact Grand River Hospital Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Paul Amaral 519-226-972-3111.